John Dewey High School
Earth's Shape, Size, and Surface
1. The Earth's equatorial circumference is 40,074 kilometers (or 25,046 miles).
2. The Earth's polar circumference is 40,007 kilometers (or 25,004 miles).
3. The Earth's equatorial diameter is 12,756 kilometers (or 7,927 miles).
4. The Earth's polar diameter is 12,714 kilometers (or 7,900 miles).
1. The total surface area of the Earth is 510 million square kilometers.
2. The total surface area occupied by land is 149 million square kilometers (or
29% of the total).
3. The total surface area occupied by sea is 361 million square kilometers (or
71% of the total).