Answer the following questions on a separate sheet of paper or in the spaces provided. These questions are designed to enhance your ability to think like a geologist and not to test your specific knowledge of geology. Read each question carefully and thoroughly. Be patient and think logically. Submit this sheet along with any additional sheets at the end of the band.
You are given the following information about the ancestors of a particular family compiled as of 2003:
FLB was born in 1865 and died in 1922.
HNB died in 1987 at the age of 94.
GGB was born in 1900 and died at the age of 78.
PTB died at the age of 74 in 1893.
BOB celebrated his 90th birthday in 1899, exactly five years prior to his
SOB celebrated her 85th birthday last week.
KGB attended New Years Eve parties 3 years ago at the age of 98.
BIB was born 15 years after BOB and died when GGB was the age of
COB was born 41 years after BIB and lived to the age of 57.
Based on the information above answer the following questions:
1. Which family member lived the longest life?
2. Which family members lived the shortest life?
3. Which family member was born first?
4. Which family member was born last?
5. Which family member(s) is(are) still alive?
6. List each family member in order from oldest (longest life) to
7. Which family members could have been twins?
8. What was the maximum number of family members that could have
concurrently met one another?
9. Which family members passed on at the same time?
10. How old was KGB when SOB was born?
11. How many family members were alive in the year 1901?