Answer the following questions on a separate sheet of paper or in the spaces provided. These questions are designed to enhance your ability to think like a geologist and not to test your specific knowledge of geology. Read each question carefully and thoroughly. Be patient and think logically. Submit this sheet along with any additional sheets at the end of the band.
Speed = Distance/Time
Distance = Speed x Time
Time = Distance/Speed
Car A leaves a parking lot at exactly 5:00 pm. It travels on a road due east at 60 km/hr. Car B leaves the same parking lot exactly 1 hour later. It travels on the same road as car B but at a speed of 90 km/hr. Based on this information, answer the following questions.
1. How far has car A traveled in 1 hour?
2. How far has car A traveled in 2 hours?
3. How far has car B traveled in 1 hour?
4. How far has car B traveled in 2 hours?
5. At what clock time will car A have traveled 240 km?
6. At what clock time will car B have traveled 180 km?
7. Which direction is car B traveling?
8. At what distance will car B catch-up to car A?
9. At what clock time will car B catch-up to car A?